I started talking to people recently about their favourite rides around Australia and wanted to share this list with you. I know everyone has an opinion on what makes up a great ride but this is just about a fun ride that isn’t your regular commute. It helps you forget about traffic, enjoy taking corners and only worry about where you will stop for lunch.
I am sure you will want to add your own and please do, all riders like to hear about great motorbike rides in their area or even a place that might be worth taking a holiday (cairns!) too, to experience it for yourself.
- Sydney to Jenolan Caves via Oberon, NSW – it can be done in a day, winding curves and takes you from coast to country, just beautiful
- The Oxley highway near Wauchope, NSW – lots of options to extend this ride once you are there and look out for all the nice places to stop for lunch or a post ride drink.
- Cairns to Cape Tribulation, Queensland – a once in a lifetime ride, perfect in Winter when it isn’t so hot but what a way to see the Daintree Rainforest
- The Great Ocean Road, Victoria – classic ride but weekdays are recommended to avoid the tour buses
- Caiguna to Balladonia, Western Australia – the 90 mile stretch of straight road is the longest in Australia. Ok it might be in the middle of WA but if you are riding that way, it is definitely not to be missed
- Pretty much all of Tasmania is a fun ride – catch the ferry across from Victoria so you can take your own bike and enjoy.
Anyone done all of these or want to add more comments to any of the 6 recommended. Let us know in the comments below.
The days are long, let’s ride!
Are you on our mailing list? sign up at the bottom of this post so that you don’t miss out on our pop up online sales, and future blogs of course!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us here at Blackbird Motorcycle Wear if you have any questions or want to suggest future motorcycle blog ideas.